- Tax Services
- General Ledger
- QuickBooks Services
- Part-Time CFO
RFS’ approach to tax services is one centered on the health and sustainability of the business overall, regardless of tax situation. Most of our current tax clients have worked with our professionals for over a decade, and it’s a testament to them that we have a business of our own. With this mindset, we think both short term with the goal of tax minimization and long term with the goal of proper business structure, as well as continuous planning and consulting to meet the needs of our clients’ business. As tax professionals, we perform tax preparation and planning for all income tax returns, from individuals, trusts, and non-profits to business returns such as partnerships and corporations.
In addition, we also perform other services:
- Estate Planning
- Corporate Minute preparation
- Personal Financial Statement preparation
- Retirement Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Audit Representation
- Tax Research/Special Tax Projects
All of RFS’ professionals have extensive experience in general ledger (G/L) accounting, specifically for our retail clients. As retailers know, their world is a fast paced one where timeliness and clarity are mandatory aspects of their financial reporting.
At RFS we customize our clients’ accounting to suit their needs, be it through the implementation of remote access or the training of their personnel on accounting software. Now more than ever businesses are looking to have constant access to their information, and through our expertise and affiliations we are able to give our clients just that.
Beyond structuring and implementing the accounting system, our professionals have grown to be efficient and consistent in the preparation of financial statements, and our reporting climate is focused on a quick turn-around to give our clients their information when they need it.
As true full-service accountants, RFS also completes sales tax returns and fulfills annual reporting requirements such as Form 1099 reporting, Form W-2 additions, and Form 8027 Tip Reporting.
Interminably tied to our general ledger services, we initially envisioned our QuickBooks (QB) services as a way to help our current G/L clients manage their software. What we’ve found, however, is that our services have evolved to suit the needs of those looking to do more QB work on their own.
Indeed, with the proliferation of accounting software and QB in particular, we recognize the desire for businesses to do most of their own accounting, with perhaps some guidance and clean-up along the way. In that vein, our QB services center on devising and implementing a business’ accounting system, whether that means replacing their current system, or simply upgrading to a newer version of QB. We build the files, set up the chart of accounts and train personnel, and the end result makes your accounting tasks easier and more transparent. With QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisors on staff, we’re especially well positioned to implement your desired accounting system.
We’d be happy to discuss your current accounting structure and how it could be improved, whether you’re looking to outsource the accounting altogether through our general ledger service, pull more tasks in-house with the implementation of an accounting software, or some hybrid of the two. We believe we can help put a system in place that works for you.
Growing businesses often reach a point where they need professional financial advice, but can't afford a full-time CFO or controller.
If you're fortunate enough to be in this position then we have the perfect solution for you. Our Part-Time CFO service gives you a professional financial manager who works with you to help guide your business to success.
The cost of hiring a full-time CFO can range from $60,000 to over $100,000 per year plus bonuses and benefits. Our Part-Time CFO services provides you with experienced support at a small fraction of that cost.
Here's what you get with our Part-Time CFO services:
- More time to focus on new services, new customers and other core business issues.
- Better understanding of the financial side of your business. So you have less surprises and more control over the money.
- Improved decision-making capabilities from clearly seeing the hard and true numbers of your business.
- A readily available sounding board to help you with those tough business decisions and help you clarify your business plans.
- The comfort from knowing that a professional is overseeing, protecting and constantly improving the financial side of your business.
- A professional who establishes strong financial controls in your business to reduce employee theft and increase profits.
- Training and managing your accounting staff.
- Improved quality and timeliness of financial information.
- Budget preparation and monitoring.
- Profitability analysis by service or product line.
- Tax saving strategies.
- Trend analysis.
- Assistance in defining long-range plans and the quantification of goals.
- Cash management.
- Liaison with bankers, attorneys, vendors, insurance agents, etc.
- Assistance in obtaining financing from banks, including assistance with negotiations.
- Review/negotiation of insurance policies.
- Development of company accounting procedure manuals.
- Analysis of equipment purchases, expansions, etc.
- Mergers and acquisitions assistance
- Custom designed collection policies and procedures